I love a good salad! In the last year or so, I asked my Facebook friends for recipes of their favorite salads. My friend, Christine (love ya, Chrissy!) shared one that even her kids would gobble up! I was pleasantly surprised when my kids gobbled it up as well!
I have a habit of making recipes my own. sometimes it’s because I don’t have something on hand and I need to substitute an ingredient, other times I just want to play around with the recipe. I will share Christine’s recipe with my substitutions next to her ingredient. I hope you enjoy it, I know my family and I will tonight for dinner!
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil ( I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Combine in a liquid measuring cup and mix with a fork or small whisk
- Grill two chicken breasts & cut into pieces
- 1 package of bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted (I have used pecans)
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese (I will be using mozzarella tonight)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 box bow-tie pasta, cooked & drained (I’m gluten intolerant, I use gluten-free mini lasagna noodles)
Combine the salad items in a large bowl and toss with dressing before serving.
A light, but satisfying dinner for a hot summer evening! Finish the evening with a watermelon seed spitting contest with your family!